Reflections in the New Year

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Reflections in the New Year

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. Happy New Year. After I was treated with the Botox program for vaginismus, my hubby and I began trying to conceive. This was a challenging time, like vaginismus, as we wanted it to happen right away and it took time. In going through this, whenever I got discouraged, I read a great forum thread of success stories of others who had conceived. I was a bit jealous at the time but also encouraged that this could someday be us so I did find hope in reading these stories. In 2016, there were so many awesome success stories of overcoming vaginismus with Maze. 2 stories stood out for me as they are different treatment programs offered at Maze but yielded the same results – helping you completely overcome vaginismus. I wanted to share them each again in this post (see below). If you are thinking about treatment in the coming year, please give them a call or send them an e-mail (see contact info below) and work with them in whatever way is possible. Also, if you are worried about how to pay for it, they will help you with discussing insurance and other options available too. Sending you my support today and in the coming year!!!

2016 Success Story with Dilation Program

“Just wanted a quick post to say that after a few weeks of weekly Maze appointments, then appointments once every 2-4 weeks (after I became more comfortable with dilating), I am now able to dilate rather comfortably with the very largest dilator (as of a couple months ago – now I am keeping up with the dilating to ensure I don’t lose any of my progress!) This comes from me being a very difficult case – I couldn’t wear tampons from the pain/fear, and the thought of dilating with even the smallest dilator gave me immense fear. The physical portion of the first couple appointments were incredibly nerve-wracking; I was prescribed Xanax to take before each following appointment. That being said, the Maze staff was welcoming, knowledgeable, and understanding. They never pushed me further than I was comfortable going. It feels awesome to be “graduated,” and it is the hugest weight off of my shoulders. I feel strong and proud that I was able to overcome my vaginismus (haven’t tried p-in-v yet, but I feel pretty confident about it. When I was able to move up in dilator sizes every appointment, I felt accomplished and motivated. Just wanted to reach out and share a bit of my story. While there were times of frustration and times I wanted to give up, I’m so glad I went out of my comfort zone to make the first appointment and persevere with the help of the lovely Maze staff!”

2016 Success Story with Botox Treatment Program

“Hi everyone–I wanted to pop in as one of the botox procedure’s most recent success stories. I’ve had vaginismus (though not known what it was) since I became sexually active at 15 and I’m now 25. Everyone here with vaginismus has lived the pain, so I don’t need to elaborate on how much it sucked going through my teenage, college, and young adult years not being able to have sex and feeling insecure, guilty, and worthless. But a few months ago I was finally goaded by my current boyfriend to take action. I went to the Maze Clinic, determined that I needed more help that even regular dilation could provide, and received the botox treatment in September of 2016. 20 days later, my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. It was an inexpressible feeling of triumph to have done something I spent most of my young life believing was impossible. I am still learning new things about my body and exploring the role I want sex to play in my life, but I’m inexpressibly grateful that I got treatment and gave myself the options I now have. I encourage everyone who has felt like vaginismus rules them and their relationships to seek out answers so you can best decide what you really want for yourself. If anyone is considering contacting the Maze Clinic or getting the Botox procedure and wants to talk to someone who has been through it themselves, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you want to have a conversation. I would be happy to help the way so many people along the way helped me.”

Contact Info for working with Maze:
    Melissa Ferrara, NP
    914-328-3700
    melissa@mazehealth.com

mazemelissa

For anyone reading this forum who is suffering with vaginismus, let’s make 2017 your year to overcome vaginismus!

Contact Maze for a free phone consultation to see if you are a candidate for the Botox procedure.

914-328-3700

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.