New to the Forum…desperate to overcome Vaginismus!

Home > Forums > Vaginismus Support Group > Daily Questions > New to the Forum…desperate to overcome Vaginismus!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Daisy24
    Participant

Hi there, I am new to the Forum and from the UK. I have struggled with this condition for many years. I have been married for nearly 2 years but with my husband for 6. I have tried different sized dilators but not regularly as I lose hope. If anyone on here can advise on how best to overcome this that be great. Is there any treatment like botox available in the UK? Has anyone tried acupuncture to relax the pelvic muscles?

mm
    Heather34

Hi Daisy. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I am so, so sorry for your struggles with vaginismus. I, too, had vaginismus all through my 20s and into my early 30s. I was never able to insert the dilators or even the smallest tampon (despite trying so many times). I ended up having the Botox treatment and was able to then insert the Pure Romance dilators and later my husband. I think there are so many factors that made it work when nothing had in the past but one of the most important is the wall of resistance that I had always experienced when trying to insert anything was no longer there and I was able to insert the dilators right in in the standing position and, after I became comfortable with this, my husband. I have not tried acupuncture but did try pelvic floor PT prior to having the Botox treatment and I wasn’t able to progress as I still couldn’t insert anything. I know in the past that several patients from the UK have traveled over to the States to have the procedure. I had the chance to meet Arose and her husband while she was here (see post below) as well as several others. So importantly, please, please know that I am here to support you 100% and I am so glad that you found this Forum.

Botox Treatment for UK Patients

Rachel has shared in the past her experience of visiting New York City and Maze Women’s Sexual Health is right outside of NYC:
    “When you come for your treatment you have time in NYC. We caught a broadway show-Billy Elliott which was amazing and did all of the tour buses and the empire state building. I did this before the treatment and found it took my mind off being nervous!! I was so over stimulated with everything in NY I didn’t have time to worry!!”

Also, Arose has written:
    “I’m from the UK, we found Dr Pacik’s programme through just searching online, and after trying dilation at home for several years with stunted progress, we decided to make the trip to the US. In fact, I had the treatment today!! Everyone is really very welcoming, and whilst the Botox hasn’t kicked in yet (it takes a few days), i have been dilating fine, and have no pain. I definately recommend you consider this treatment… good luck!”

Vaginismus is indeed a world-wide issue, unfortunately there is a lack of knowledge and treatment all over the world as well. Please be in touch with us if you are overseas, many of our patients come to us for treatment from over seas and have great success.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.