New to forum, any tips?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lisaloop123
    Participant

Hi,

So ive had botox two months ago, its been great, I can push small dilators in now no problem, the muscle seems to have just relaxed with the botox.
    Before couldnt get hardly anything there without pain and that muscle not budging.

Im from uk, and went to london and had this done on a day case, as nhs wont help.

I use amielle dilators, I cant get past the third one at all, does sleeping with them help? Or leaving them in all day?

Any tips,

mazemelissa

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your success so far!

I do think that sleeping with dilators can be very helpful. If you are having trouble moving past the with the third dilator, I would recommend sleeping with the number 3 dilator, and then in the morning try to insert the number 4 dilator. The vagina should be passively dilating all night and when you wake in the morning, you should find dilation with number 4 much easier.

It is common for some women to struggle a little more as the dilators increase in size. I encourage you to manipulate and move the dilators as well. The movement will help stretch the vaginal opening, roll the dilator side to side, downward pressure, in and out motion.

You might also want to try finding a dilator that is a little smaller than number 4, but bigger than number 3. This could take some research and searching websites for measurements of dilators, but sometimes a millimeter can make a difference.

Keep up the great work!!

Melissa

lisaloop123
    Participant

Hi,

Ive managed to have a small fourchette tear from the dilator, and hurts to urinate.

Have you heard of this problem?

mazemelissa

This can occur when a women moves up to a larger dilator size. I would consider applying some healing ointment to the area, even aquaphor or A&D ointment can be helpful. If you are on birth control pills, I would recommend getting an estrogen cream from your gyn to massage into the vaginal entrance, as I can see birth control pills can make the entrance tissue more dry and friable.

It burns with urination because you have a small open fissure at the entrance to the vagina, and the acidic urine when it touches it will cause a burning sensation. Keeping an ointment as a barrier on that area will help with that as well.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lisa. Welcome to the Forum and Congrats on your recent procedure. I completely agree with Melissa and think that sleeping with the dilators could really help. I had the Botox procedure in 2011 and slept with the dilators about 3 nights per week. This helped me immensely. Also, as Melissa noted, the morning after dilating is an excellent time to try moving up to number 4. I always felt the most stretched after a night of dilating and this helped with moving up sizes as well as when transitioning to intercourse. I’m so sorry about the tear that you describe in your last post. While I haven’t experienced this, Dr. P and several of the Forum members have written about the benefits of Hydrocortisone cream in the past.

Specifically, the Forum member wrote: “Dr. Pacik’s suggestion to use Hydrocortisone Cream has been a HUGE help for me. My lady bits are just so dang sensitive!!! I bought Hydrocortizone10 in the Cooling Gel formula for during the day and I’ve felt SO much better – then I’ve been using the Hydrocoritzone10 in the ointment for adding to my lube mix with dilating at night. I honestly can’t believe how much that’s helped me feel better the last couple days.” Dr. P has written: “… 1% hydrocortisone is an over the counter topical that is anti-inflammatory and can be purchased either as a cream (faster acting) or as an ointment (longer lasting). It is generally used as a pea sized amount rubbed into the irritated area twice a day and can be used for 1-2 weeks.”

I hope this helps. Please let us know how you are doing and please know we are all here to support you 100%!!!!

Daisy24
    Participant

Hi Lisaloop123, where did you have this treatment in the UK? I am from London and struggling to find anyone that can help.

lisaloop123
    Participant

Hi,

If you google gynae clinc london, it should pop up,

Lisa

lisaloop123
    Participant

It was £900 for botox, and extra for sedation and consultation fee, but worth it. I also had hymen removal too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.