More coverage – upset at BBC article

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General More coverage – upset at BBC article

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daisey2017
    Participant

There needs to be more coverage about this condition and the media to dispel the myths and hep others.

There was a BBC news article about dyspreunia in general this morning, but it actually upset me. It did’t really mention vaginismus and more about how dyspreunia (painful sex) is for older ladies with vaginal dryness and those who are just starting out and with a ‘bad’ partner basically. It made me think of all those people (including my partner) who could read that and think it’s their fault. It also made it sounds like anyone premenopausal only get it if they are not comfortable or aroused.

Did anyone else read this? Or am I reading into it too negatively? I emailed the BBC about it but have had no response and probably never will.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Daisey. This completely upsets me as well. I, too, want more than anything for vaginismus to be talked about and covered in the media in the right way by practitioners and people who get it and understand. I try to find 2 or 3 articles every month or even 1 and share them in the Vaginismus Advocacy section. Even if you don’t get a response, I am glad you emailed the BBC and hope it makes them more aware.

That’s really upsetting…I agree, it really could have been a perfect opportunity to mention vaginismus. There is so much to be said about people hearing a term that they can research.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.