Insurance DID cover Botox treatment at Maze

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Insurance DID cover Botox treatment at Maze

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. So much has been written in the past from Dr. Pacik and I and now from Maze and I about getting insurance coverage for the Botox treatment program. Reading this initially, you may still be discouraged and think there is no way it will be covered by your insurance but there is also a very good chance that it may. I wanted to, again, share a real-life story of a patient who received full coverage for her Botox procedure at Maze and only had to pay the co-pay. She had Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance.

She writes:

“[M]y insurance actually covered it, so I paid the co-pay only.”

AND

“I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New England. I gave my insurance info to the people at Maze and they pretty much did all the work. They reached out to my insurance company, my insurance company said that I had to have a form signed by my primary care doctor and returned to them. Maze faxed my primary the paper, she signed it and faxed it back to Maze and they sent it along to my insurance company. It was super easy on my end”

AND

“I was considered out of network, but they covered it like an in network Doctor. They sent mine to my primary general practitioner, but she’s who does my paps anyway, so I don’t have an actual gynecologist. I think they just want you primary whoever, it’s like a referral.”

This is great to hear!!!

If you have questions about insurance coverage, please call us here at MAZE Women’s Health. You can speak to out surgical coordinator, and she can figure out what will be covered and what you will be responsible for before you book your procedure.

Heather34
    Participant

This is so, so great and so important to bring back Cathleen. I think anxiety surrounding how to pay for the treatment may seem overwhelming and impossible but by having an open conversation about it and reading stories of other women who had their procedures and were, in fact, covered, it makes it less and less of an impossibility.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.