Help with using the dilators

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Help with using the dilators

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. In an excellent recent post, Melissa at Maze wrote:

“I have had many patients who have tried to do a dilation program on their own, but have been unsuccessful. But once I see them, and I insert the first dilator for them, or I work with them, and encourage them to insert the dilator, they are much more successful at home. I will even see patients once a week to help them move up in dilator size.”

For those of you who are not able to get the dilators in, please contact Maze and work with them in whatever way is possible. They can help you get beyond the hurdle and be able to insert the dilators at home. And, for others who are still unable to dilate, the Botox treatment program is also an excellent option. I had the most severe type of vaginismus in the past and was never able to even use the smallest sized tampon. Within 2 weeks of having the Botox treatment, I was able to use all of the sized dilators in the pure romance set and make love to my husband for the first time and later have a successful gyn exam plus become pregnant. None of this would have been possible for me without finding this treatment as I had tried for 11 years with other things and nothing worked. Sending you all support today.

Helen Leff, LCSW

We at Maze can assist you with dilation and there is the Botox option as well. You can overcome vaginismus and we can help.

Heather, thanks for sharing your inspiring journey.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

This is a great post, and so true! I struggled with vaginismus for so long that there’s no way I would have been able to beat it without help from the staff of the Maze clinic. They are true experts at helping with both the physical and emotional components of the issue!

Sks823
    Participant

100%. Bought a dilator set once I figured out I had vaginismus, and I could NOT NOT NOT use them without the help of Maze. So if you’re in the same boat (trying to do dilation therapy on your own but being unsuccessful), do NOT think that hope is lost!

So glad I took the step to call and visit the Maze clinic, who helped me get through all the sizes of dilators! 🙂

Hello Sks823,

Thanks for commenting on this topic again! I would say about 90% of our Vaginismus patients purchased the dilators on line, and about 89% never even took them out of the box. It is daunting to think about using dilators on your own. Numerous questions arise, including:”Am I using it right?, Am I hurting myself?”, which often makes it that much more difficult and emotionally draining. Please do reach out for help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.