Great Sex For Your Whole Life: Challenges and Solutions (Parts I-III)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Great Sex For Your Whole Life: Challenges and Solutions (Parts I-III)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. Dr. BatSheva recently wrote a great Blog: Great Sex For Your Whole Life: Challenges and Solutions.

//mazewomenshealth.com/blog/2016/10/13/great-sex-whole-life-challenges-solutions-pt-1/

In this (Part I), she discusses sexual challenges during your 30s as well as excellent solutions.

Excerpts include:

Problem: Pain with intercourse after childbirth.
    Solution: It is common for women to have pain with intercourse after giving birth. Ask your doctor if you need estrogen and use a lot of lubricant. Make sure you go slowly, but don’t stop having intercourse. The truth is that the more you do it, the less the pain should be. If the pain continues or is too much to allow for intercourse, ask your gynecologist about using vaginal dilators.”

I encourage you to read and welcome your comments and feedback here.

Heather34
    Participant

In Part II, Dr. BatSheva discusses sexual challenges during your 40s as well as excellent solutions.

//mazewomenshealth.com/blog/2016/11/01/great-sex-whole-life-challenges-pt-2/

Excerpts include:

Problem: Vaginal dryness.

Solution: Ask your doctor if you need estrogen and find a lubricant that you love. They come in so many varieties and flavors. Lubrication is like shampoo, every woman has to find her own favorite. Make sure that you have a lubrication that you use happily.”

Heather34
    Participant

In Part III, Dr. BatSheva discusses sexual challenges during your 50s as well as excellent solutions.

//mazewomenshealth.com/blog/2016/11/08/great-sex-whole-life-solutions-pt-3/

Excerpts include:

Problem: Pain with intercourse.

Solution: Ask your doctor if you need estrogen. Order vaginal dilators (online or through your physician’s office) and find the size that you can insert with the minimal amount of pain. Use the dilator every night for 10 minutes, moving up to the next size in a week to 10 days. You should be pain free in a matter of weeks.”

Helen Leff, LCSW

Love this blog as it focuses on solutions and not just challenges! There are numerous treatment options available that can cure pain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.