Dating and vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Quite a bit has been discussed about dating and vaginismus. For those who have vaginismus, how do you talk to a new partner about it? For those who have overcome and have entered into a new relationship, have you discussed your past vaginismus with your new partner? Any input or feedback that you may have will be very helpful for women who are either currently dating with vaginismus or who have overcome and may be now dating post-procedure.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I recently read the following article:

http://www.mamamia.com.au/dating-when-you-cant-have-sex/

I felt so similar to what Lara describes in the article while dating in my early 20s with vaginismus. I was in college and would go on dates and become close but would always find a way to end it before the relationship progressed to intercourse. I tried to do this with my then boyfriend at age 25 (now hubby) but we ended up talking through it and eventually working through it together until the point that we overcame. If you are single and reading this, please, please know that there are excellent and successful treatment options out there for vaginismus. For me personally, I overcame with receiving the Botox treatment program. This is an excellent option and there are others as well, including dilation only. If you haven’t had the chance, please contact and work with the Maze team in whatever way is possible and, like Dr. Pacik, they too are offering the Botox treatment program. Also, in the comments of this article, there are links to 2 Facebook Groups regarding vaginismus that I wanted to share:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dyspareunia.Support/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vagscreeningtroup/

Several months ago I wrote a blogpost about vaginismus; specifically for women who are single, and how it can really keep you feeling like you’re stuck on the sidelines of life, watching it go on but not feeling like an active participant–

//mazewomenshealth.com/blog/2015/09/24/being-unavailable-the-burden-of-vaginismus/

Heather34
    Participant

This is an excellent Blog Rachel. While going through vaginismus in my early 20s until I met my then boyfriend (now hubby), I dated but it always ended in disaster because we would try to have intercourse and fail. At the time, I did not know where to turn for treatment as the few doctors/providers that I visited did not know about vaginismus and did not want to read the literature that I brought to show them about it. I think for anyone on here right now who is reading this, it is awesome that you are a Forum member and it is even more awesome that you have found Maze as they understand what one goes through with vaginismus and have successfully treated it!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.