Bringing up Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus for the Men Bringing up Vaginismus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

For so many women, they have spent years feeling ashamed about their vagnismus, and find it very hard to bring up with a partner. However, when they do broach the subject they are usually pleasantly surprised that their partners are supportive and want to learn more about vaginismus. One of the best ways a partner can support someone with vaginismus is to try and learn more about vaginismus, so if you are already reading this and on the forum you are on the right track!

We encourage our patients to bring their partners to an appointment at some point. It helps to be able to sit down and discuss the diagnosis and treatment, and also what to expect going forward.

Heather34
    Participant

This is an excellent thread. I think it’s so, so important to involve the partners. One of my favorite parts of Dr. Pacik’s treatment program was how much he involved my husband and how he made us both feel like we were a team going through this together. It is awesome that Maze involves the partners too as I found his support and help through the whole process to be invaluable!!!

Involving the partner is so key. Often the partner is dealing with their own mix of emotions and can benefit from being part of the process and if necessary, getting support they need individually as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.